Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Family Christmas in Orlando

Nothing says Christmas more than time with family! When I moved away I promised my mom I would always be home for Christmas. I did very well with this promise until I got pregnant. Sure Christmas didn't always fall right on the 25th but at some point each December I would make it back "home". Last year was the first year since moving to Florida that I didn't make it back. Being pregnant with twins put a nice travel restriction on me. This year I had full intentions of packing up the family and making the trip once again. That's when it was suggested that the family make a trip the opposite way. Then they decided to make it right at Christmas which was awesome and Chris' family also decided to get in on the fun and have their Christmas in Orlando as well. This combination made for a nice full house of family for the first time since we moved in. Sure we have had visitors in the past --- but a group of 20+ some visiting Orlando area for a week or more gave me a new challenge. Cooking, entertaining, and having a revolving front door can be added to my resume. I wouldn't trade any of it for the world. It was such a blessing to have each of them here! It was one of the most memorable Christmas' I have had. This Christmas made me realize that "home" isn't the state you grew up in and it doesn't have to be a certain house. It's the people you surround yourself with that gives you the feeling of home. Enjoy the photos of the family Christmas.














No comments: