Colston and Miles turn 2 months old! Can you believe how time flies? We went to the Dr. for our two month checkup yesterday. Both of the boys recieved very good reports. They aren't quite as high on the percentile charts as I had expected for weight and for Colston -height but this is somewhat due to the fact that they were not term yet are compared to children that were. Eventually it will all even out. Here is what the report was:
Colston
Weight: 11 pounds 2 oz (50th percentile)
Heigth: 22 1/2 inches (30th percentile)
Head: 15 3/4 inches (50th percentile)
Miles
Weight: 10 pounds (25th percentile) Yes he is catching his brother quickly
Height: 20 3/4 inches (2nd percentile) Going to be a short one
Head: 15 3/4 inches (50th percentile)
At the Dr they also got their first set of shots. True to their personalities Colston screamed like a little girl and had to be coddled to settle down and Miles had a shocked look on his face.....yelled twice, cried for about 10 seconds then just looked mad at everyone. The rest of the day they were either sleeping or crying and needing some love. By day two they are both feeling better however Colston really wants to be held all day which is something I typically don't do. As Chris says Colston has became a momma's boy while Miles has turned into a little fighter.
We have been laying them down for their nap at dinner in their bed. This hasn't been going very easy to begin with. Miles has a very mean streak and will scream at the top of his lungs. Even when we go in to re-assure him -- he just acts mad at us and won't stop crying. Colston tried to keep up with the screaming but it's more of a "my feelings are hurt" cry.
This week we added to our loot a bike trailer for the kids and a jogging stroller. Both were bought off Craig's list which has become very fun for me. It's like going to garage sales and finding exactly what you want! I can't wait to use them! The jogging stroller I can use now but the bike trailer needs to wait until they are a little older. It's going to be a lot of fun in late summer!
This week we added to our loot a bike trailer for the kids and a jogging stroller. Both were bought off Craig's list which has become very fun for me. It's like going to garage sales and finding exactly what you want! I can't wait to use them! The jogging stroller I can use now but the bike trailer needs to wait until they are a little older. It's going to be a lot of fun in late summer!
We have found a nanny!! After many interviews I think we found the perfect match. Her name is Donna and she is a professional nanny of 12 years. She has had a few positions in the past specifically with twins so I think it will be a great fit. She will start once I return back to work in mid May.
The boys and I have been venturing out a lot more recently. Almost every day we go somewhere. Sometimes it is just to a store to walk around as to not be cooped up in the house. The boys are angels when I am out with them and typically sleep the whole time. I joke with Chris that I feel like we are similar to a car accident. Everyone that we pass tends to rubber neck to see the boys. Those most interested will stop me (even when I am walking briskly) to ask questions about them and tell me how cute they are. Most people respond with "God bless you." I haven't figured out if this means......God blessed us and we should feel special to have twins.....or God bless you.... as in you'll need God's blessing to deal with those two. Regardless Chris and I feel very blessed to have both of the boys and can't wait to see how they change in the future.
Both are smiling at us daily and it really makes all of the sleepless nights worth it. Daddy gave bath solo for the first time this week which was really fun to watch. The boys love bath time now and don't cry at all. They like to watch themselves in the mirror most of the time. Stay tuned for the next adventure..... our first flight with the boys in less than 2 weeks!!
2 comments:
D and Chris-the boys are so adorable. Seeing them smile makes me smile. So happy for you. We are planning to come to Orl. in late October- we'll keep in touch and have to plan a day to visit you all.
Miss ya!!
Adorable! They are changing so much. Miles looks just like Chris:) Aunt Wanie
Post a Comment